Friday, November 10, 2006

HWC Football Week 10 Preview

It's already the 10th week of the 14 week regular season of HWC Football, and I have all but given up hope on my Chumps to make it to the playoffs this season, and unless I win out, and the rest of the teams from 8th to 15th lose out, I will not be making an appearance past Week 14. However, with a strong performance this week, I could pop up 2 spots and no longer hold last place.

But let's look at the games anyways.

Hot Wing Chump-ions vs Gumbo
Gumbo is the number 8 team right now, and that could help me, but I am yet to play Wyatt, and The CRUNCH! The Chumps are projected to have a great week, and I can see why. McNair comes back to Nashville to try and destroy the Titans, which it's sad to say, but that's not very hard to do. Also, Jeff Wilkins will be a major points grabber as the Rams face the Seahawks in Seattle. The major turning point for Gumbo though is Denver vs. the struggling Raiders. The Raiders have a great defense, but with an offense that averages only 200 yards per game, and a ton of sacks, Denver is likelt to kill this one. Denver only allowed 3 points, and got 4 sacks, one pick, and a fuble in hteir last meeting, for 15 points. This game may be closer than Vegas Predicts it. I think The Chumps will actually start a "winning streak" but not by much. Chumps win, 50-45.

Gridiron Wookies vs Robots Eat Babies
I was thuroughly disappointed in REB's performance last week after the record setting match against Gumbo. REB has a benefit though. Manning is facing the very weak Bills, and if Manning passes for multiple TD's Wayne is likely to catch at least one of them, benefiting REB even more. The Man has a powerful team, and I think they will flex their muscles on Sunday. REB to win this one, 70-55.

bRight & Early vs Hector Vex O-Trons
Brian Westbrook vs. the worst defense in the NFL. bRight's mouth has to be watering at the masacre he is about to lay down on Vex. And sadly, there's nothing that Vex can do about it. This game might be as bad as the Tennessee-Nebraska game in 97. bRight is going to tak ethis one to the house, 65-45.

Buck Turgidson vs fmragtop's spewers
fm claims that her is giving up, and Busk says he's got a new name, a new attitude, and the same results. Well, one of these two pessimists is going to be wrong, the bad part is trying to determine which one. Both teams have players who are under rated, but I think that fm has the only team with players that are over rated. I get the feeling that Garrard isn't as good as he let on against the Titans. I think that Houston will be looking to take them out, and Buck will take advantage of it. This will be a match to watch folks. Buck to win it 55-52.

I hate Hillary vs webcats
Tomlinson against Cincy at home. That's all you need to know. Nothing else matters because LT is going to the house big time again this week. In the past 4 weeks he is averaging 123 yards and 2 scores per game, and the story is about the same in general for the season as a whole. 100+ y/g, and 1.5 scores per game. THis game will be pretty ugly, but won't be a blow out. webcats will win it, 60-50.

RFTR vs Tax Dodgers
Pops pulled an upset last week and toppled the CRUNCH, and he's my favorite to win it all this season. He's a half game and 22 points behind San Jose after I tied him in Week 4, but if things keep going well, This may be the pair to watch in the finals. I think Vegas is crazy here because they have Big Ben actually scoring in the positive region, something he has been rare to do all season. I think the Dodgers are going to increase that streak to 6 games. Dodgers beat RFTR 55-45.

San Jose Arrowheads vs The Ball Sackers
This is almost as great as when Michigan is going to play Ohio State. Wyatt would be #1, but a few key losses has dropped him like a bad habit down to the #4 spot. I'm anxious to see just how high the score can go for these two teams. The highest combined score happened last season in Week 3 when I edged over Bentley 93-83 for a combined score of 176 points. Beware records, this could be HUGE. I'm taking Wyatt to upset 80-75.

The Columbia CRUNCH vs Rose Hill Reddogs (BLOWOUT WARNING!)
Larry Johnson in Miami = Points galore. Reddogs have had scores of 64, 27, 54, and 28 for their last 4 games, and the rest of the season was no better. The dogs are bound to finish last, if my Chumps can get one more win. The CRUNCH is going to do just that, and smash Rose Hill like an empty beer can. Crunch to win 70-30.

And now, let's take a look at the Yahoo! Vegas Lines! I'm changing the format a bit to reflect more accurate lines. Victor - Spread - Loser, @ means home team

@Hot Wing Chump-ions - 13 - Gumbo
@Robots Eat Babies - 8 - Gridiron Wookies
@bRight & Early - 14 - Hector Vex O-Tron
Buck Turgidson - 1 - @fmragtop's spewers
webcats - 7 - @I hate Hillary
@RFTR - 0 - Tax Dodgers
@ The Ball Sackers - 7 - San Jose Arrowheads
@ The Columbia Crunch - 22 - Rose Hill Reddogs