Kerry Puts The "Lie" in Flier
This is one of a stack of fliers that the Tennessee Democratic Party has conveniently placed in the entrance to the TTU dorms. Here's what "lies" beneath the text.
1) Creating more jobs - FALSE! Kerry has stated that one of the first things he will do is repeal the Bush tax cuts to businesses. The bush cut is shown to create far more jobs in the long run than Kerry's plan, which in fact REDUCES jobs (approx 126,000 each year) for the first 6 years, totaling 758,000 jobs lost in those 6 years. Bush's plan ADDS about 1.88 million ( approx. 314,ooo per year)
2) Increasing minimum wage - Raising minimum wage is the number one cause of inflation. More people making more money means that items cost more to make. The minimum wage may increase, but people on salary (a.k.a. Kerry's precious Middle Class) will still make the same amount, which means the middle class that Kerry claims to "support" falls backwards towards poverty.
3) Lower-cost Prescription Meds - Anyone can do that. It's called generic drugs. The same thing can be done now under the Bush Administration. Another alternative Kerry will likely use, importing cheaper drugs from Canada, taking away business from domestic drug companies.
4) Reduce deficit by 50% - Taxing the already over taxed people (or married couple) making over $200,000 total. That may seem like a lot, but you have to realize that houses in CA, NY, NJ, PA, Washington DC, Chicago cost a ton more than they do here in the south. A 3,600 square foot house where I live costs about the same as a 2,000 square foot house in Chicago. The cost of living in highly populated areas is at least 3 times as much as it is in rural areas. Just to give an idea of the taxes that the "wealthy" pay. If your family makes a total gross pay of $200,000 per year, you pay approx. $80,000 of that to the government under the Kerry Plan. Bush's tax cuts may seem small at about 5%, but you plug that in and it's a savings of $10,000 dollars. And before you go and gripe about, "Oh that's too much." Realize that the top 1% pays something around 60% of all the taxes in the US.
5)Fight terror through "alliances" - Alliances means the U.N. Kerry will adopt a philosophy of don't attack unless attacked first philosophy. As Bush said, "That's kind of a pre-September 10th mentality, the hope that somehow resolutions and failed inspections would make this world a more peaceful place." That philosophy will not work. Ask New York if they want to have to feel like the only way terrorists will be brought to justice is AFTER they have killed thousands more.
6) Stronger intelligence - WRONG! Kerry voted to reduce the intelligence Budget 3 times. All 3 of the bills to reduce the budget were proposed by Kerry.
7) Deploy America's Arsenal - Arsenal of what? Do I even have to name off what Kerry voted against military wise? Well, I'm going to do it anyways. This first set, Kerry was one of only 16 people, 11 Democrat 5 Republican, to vote against all of these in S. 3189, CQ Vote #273 in 1990. B-1 Bomber, B-2 Stealth Bomber, F-15 Fighting Eagle, F-16 Falcon, The Patriot Missile, Aegis Air Defense Cruiser, Trident Missile Defense for submarines, M-1 Abrhams Tank, The Bradley Fighting Vehicle, and the Tomahawk Cruise Missile. But that's not it! Kerry voted against the F-14 Tomcat, the AV-8B Harrier, and the AH-64 Apache in H.R. 2126, CQ Vote #579 in 1995.
The back of the pamphlet claims that the middle class has shrunk and has fallen into poverty, but Kerry Haters reports that the middle class is actually getting richer.
"The truth is that poor and middle class households alike became better off, which increased the ranks of the "rich" (those making over $49,999 in 2003 dollars in the Post's view) as a share of the population. In 1967, those with such an income constituted 24.9 percent of households. By 2003 this had increased to 44.1 percent. The inescapable conclusion is that the declining ranks of the middle class result from one thing only--more of them are now 'rich.'"
I give Kerry another big F, for Fail.
Side note: Bush Campaign Headquarters Burglarized
Hat tips: Politics, Poker, and Polo , Kerry Haters