Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Eyes Of a Hawk

My brother has a post up about how the group Moveon.org posted a picture of "American" soldiers standing in line in Iraq waiting to be served a hot meal, when in actuality, the soldiers were British chaps waiting on a meal. The video clearly shows the soldiers having on shorts. Later, when shown the pictures, a U.S. Army General had this to say about the soldiers.

" I just got back from my third deployment from Iraq on Friday, and I happened to be at the dentist and saw a completely offensive ad from the idiots at MoveOn.org this morning. Anyway, it is a Bush-bashing ad that pretends to be arguing for American soldiers families as they will miss the holidays and it shows turkey and crying wives and blames Bush for it all. Here is the crucial part of the ad that I would like to bring to your attention. As they pretend to argue on my behalf, they show a group of soldiers standing around a table in the Middle East...

These are not your normal everyday U.S. soldiers though. If you look at the frame they are actually British soldiers. One is in shorts (we don't have shorts as a normal combat uniform) and the others are all clearly wearing British pattern fatigues. So, my point is that these [turkeys] pretend to argue on my behalf and bash the president in the name of my crying wife, and they don't even know what an American soldier looks like! Anyway, it really [ticked] me off."

I posted a comment about the ordeal since I noticed something. The photo on the ad was different than the photo on the webpage. The shmucks at Moveon had the nerve to photoshop the picture to make it look like it was American soldiers. Here were my words.

"
Moveon.org even decided to photoshop their picture of the troops to make them look like US Army fatigues. In the video the guy is clearly wearing shorts, but on the Moveon.org page (like the photo you've got) it's the same people, but the guy with shorts miraculously has US pattern pants."

See for yourself.

How bout them apples?

*Updates*
9:30AM GOP and the City has a new Photoshop entry, and Bad Example has a full analysis of the bad photoshopping done by Moveon, as well as some blown up images to show the full affect.

Coverage:
GOP and the City
Best of the Web
RFTR
Wizbang

Linked on:
Basil's Blog
Ankle Biting Pundits
Suitably Flip
More GOP and College HERE

*UPDATE* Look at who else has been busted with not-so-undercover liberal biased at Amazon.com