Monday, August 30, 2004

Classes starting

Classes started today and I will say the schools here in TN are definitely much more conservative than the schools some place else and it shows with even the faculty. Just to give an example, there was a Bush/Cheney booth at the school fair yesterday, but nothing for Kerry. If there was I think I'd be like my brother and just have to confront them. I dunno what I'd say but it wouldn't be nice towards Kerry. And of course at that point I'd be shooshed away, but eh. It'd be fun to stump them when they don't suspect it.

But anyways I went to my American Lit class and the teacher there reminds me of Gene Hackman crossing w/ Lewis Black. It's the funniest thing I've seen. Apparently he's a New York Conservative, which is really hard to find round there. He's very against the whole idea of mega liberals like the ACLU who want everyone to be able to express free speech, but it can't be considered offensive to anyone. No religion, nothing like that. He's for religion in politics, but things like 10 Commandments in the Supreme Court things, not something like "The Roman Catholic Church is the official religion of the USA."

Just goes to show how much different the south is from the northeast.