Friday, October 13, 2006

HWC Football Week 6 Preciew

I've been swamped again by class work, but dangit, I'm still going to preview this bad boy! So without further delay, let's get to the games!

Hot Wing Chump-ions vs. I Hate Hillary
I've got to give it to Pigg for his whitty come back, "Looks to me like you need to get revenge for the last 5 weeks." And if my team keeps playing like they have been, it will be revenge next week for the past 6 weeks. The Chumps have a slight case of the Bye Week Blues as I am benching McNair for horrible play last week, and I am resorting to Mack Strong and Detroit as my W/R and Defense. Indy is on a bye week, as well as Green Bay's Greg Jennings. But IHH has an uphill battle as their players are going against some strong D's. Like Bulger and Bruce in Seattle, and Philly's Brown and Akers in N'olens. This one will be close, but I think my Chumps are going the way of the Titans after they went to the Super Bowl. Except at least I actually won the title. IHH to win this one 60-50.

webcats vs. Robots Eat Babies
The Man is actually the underdog to the cats, which is a shocker to me, until you look at his bench. The man has had to drop and add players due to 5 starters being on a bye week. Ouch. Cats on the other hand have a few good matchups. Tomlinson at San Fran will likely be the big one, so looks for him to come out big this week. Also Santana Moss and Brandon Lloyd are facing the struggling Titans, so look for Brunell to have a big game, and maybe include these two in it. Looks like the Cats are going to become 2-4. Cats to win 50-35.

RFTR vs. bRight & Early
Over-Rated...Over-Rated. RFTR At least. Vegas has him at 50 points with 2 of his players going into a game vs. the 4th ranked defense in the league. Not likely to happen. Not to mention the fact that RFTR has failed to score more than 30 points in hius last 3 games. He's the only reason my Chumps aren't the full laughing stock of teh HWC League. bRight will pull this one out east 55-25.

Tax Dodgers vs. fmragtop's spewers
I wish all the world of pain on fm's team this week after the loss last week I suffered. And it looks like I may get my wish. Even though the dodgers have 3 players on a by week, they've still got a better chance of winning than fm. There's not really much to say about this game. Yahoo! has actually called it right. Tax Dodgers will take this one 40-30.

San Jose Arrowheads vs Mr Wolf Cleaning Svc
San Jose has been about as lucky as the Reddogs these past two weeks, only scoring 66 points in the last 2 games, but their opponents only scored 32. Wolf on the other hand has been averaging about 46 points per game these past 2 weeks, and is at 51 ppg for the whole season. If Wolf loses enough players to injuries, San Jose can still win it, but I doubt it. This game is going to be ugly, and I think that San Jose will be the first of the undefeated team to get a loss. Wolf wins this one 60-40.

Gumbo vs Rose Hill Reddogs (BLOWOUT ALERT!)
Reddogs have finally had their luck run out, and they are on their way down the ranks. This week won't be any different as the dogs extend their losing streak to 3 games. Gumbo will win this one easily 60-30.

The Columbia Crunch vs Hector Vex O-Trons
The clash of the long names. Geez. And Bye-itis is spreading like wild fire. In a league where you can't just drop decent players on a bye week, it really hurts. Crunch has 7 players out of their 15 player roster on byes this week. Looks like undefeated team number two will be defeated. Crunch need a miracle to pull this one out. Vex wins this one 50-25.

Game of the Week:
The Ball Sackers vs Gridiron Wookies
This is going to be a classic battle of brute force, on brute force. The baseball champ, vs teh current head of the football league and it looks like this will be a high scoring match. Both teams have key matchups, like Drew Bledsoe vs. Houston for Wooks, and Donovan McNabb in N'olens. I'm going to be watching this one closely since it may come down to the MNF game on ESPN. I think I'm going to go with Wyatt being the lone undefetaed team after this week. The Ball Sackers to win 65-64.


And now for the Yahoo! Vegas Lines! (Home - spread - Visitor, winner in bold)

Hot Wing Chump-ions - 2 - I Hate Hillary
Robots Eat Babies - 15 - webcats
bRight & Early - 8 - RFTR
fmragtop's spewers - 7 - Tax Doodgers
Mr Wolf Cleaning Svc - 1 - San Jose Arrowheads
Gumbo - 19 - Rose Hill Reddogs
Hector Vex O-Trons - 14 - The Columbia CRUNCH
Gridiron Wookies - 1 - The Ball Sackers

This week Wyatt of SYLG has the recap. This will be Wyatt's first recap for HWC sports! Until next preview, Thie is GOP and College, Goodinght!