Friday, September 03, 2004

Bush's Speech Brings Insight, Emotion

I watched the Bush speech last night, and I must say the beginning of the speech did seem to drag on a bit, but the second half of the speech was full of Bush's plans for the next 4 years, as well as some very emotional points, my brother had a nice section in his explanation about how you could see the tears forming in W's eyes as he said, "My fellow Americans, for as long as our country stands, people will look to the resurrection of New York City and they will say: Here buildings fell, and here a nation rose."




You can find a full transcript of his speech here

On a side note, I chose to watch the speech with some friends of mine and they're not Bush supporters, but thankfully they haven't been coerced into actually believing the lies that John Kerry claims. I went over there to watch it after he had said, "You can watch it here, but no Bush talk." I thought that meant, ok, we'll watch the speech but not critique it to each other or get into an argument.
I was wrong. It basically meant I had to watch the speech, filtering out their rhetoric about "Oh these jobs were lost." "Iraq was a lie," as well as other things, but keeping my own tongue in check as to not get into a huge debate.