Thursday, August 18, 2005

Vigils in Crawford

You know, I was listening to the radio this morning on my 10 minute drive to work this morning and the hosts were discussing how it's very disrespectful what they're doing there in Crawford, TX. These are people protesting the president, but also protesting the military, and the thing that bothers me is the fact that if it weren't for our military and what they do, those people wouldn't have the right to protest. And now those people are holding candle light vigils.

hippie

This poor guy reminds me of a South Park episode I saw one time where a horde of hippies infested the town and it blew up to a full blown hippie fest. I wonder how many of the protesters I could lead away with a joint tied to a stick...Speaking of drugs, 2 police officers in Putnam County (Where I was attending college) were charged with drug trafficking and giving false reports to the FBI. The sting was said to have been in operation for many years.

hippie fest

In other news, an Ohio Governor is trying to settle a lawsuit where he took $5,800 in gifts over the course of four years. It seems there's a crack-down on ethics in politics, especially since the Tennessee Waltz issue where one state senator John Ford took over $40,000 and threatened on multiple times to kill FBI Agents.