Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Gator Hater

As a UT fan, I am oblidged to despise the Crimson Tide, and be an Ardent Gator-Hater. This week, the Vols take on the Gators in one of the most important games of the season. Thsi week signifies the ultimate in Tailgating in Knoxville, Gator Hater Week. With some of the largest parties of the year coming up, I can only wish that I lived and went to school in K-town right now.

Mike and Glenn...You lucky dogs.

Jared Bridges understands. Look at this from 2003:
Hatred is a horrible thing. It eats at you, changes you, and makes you into a different person. That is why I love to hate the Florida Gators.
I will not mince words here. I hate the Gators. I don’t simply dislike them–that would be far too tame a term to use. I realize there are criminal charges that could be filed in some areas for hate crimes. Consider me guilty.
In the words of Doc Holliday in Tombstone, “No, I’m sure of it, I hate ‘em.”
The fact that the Tennessee Vols will travel to the Swamp this weekend to play the Gators only heightens the hatred. This is the week where traditionally, in Knoxville, TN, everyone wears Gator Hater T-shirts around. I haven’t seen any here in Louisville yet, but I’m thinking about making some. If you think I’m alone in my loathing of all things Gator, here’s a website that hates the Gators as much as I do.
Give in to your hatred.

This year, The gators come out of The Swamp and play on OUR turf. Time to get the muzzles out.

Other Gator Hater sites:
Gator Haters
Lionel's Place

If you hate the Gators, trackback here and I'll put you up.