Monday, June 13, 2005

Life in the 8-4 world

If you've been looking here at all you'll notice nothing's changed in a long time. That's because I started my co-op job with Magotteaux (Mag-a-tow). It's a regular 9-5 job...5 days a week, 50 weeks a year (It's a foundry so there's a 2 week plant shut-down for maintenance). I work as quite simply an all around engineer at the plant, sometimes doing Civil Engineer work, sometimes Mechanical Engineer projects as well as some Industrial Engineer work.

You know, after I took this job, I expected to have more time to write in my blog since I wouldn't have the constant drone of school, but I've found out that working takes up more time than you plan. I wake up at 6:30 and get there at 8 AM, work and then come home at 4, fix dinner and then start to get ready to go to bed. I don't have the time like I thought I would to check the news. I REALLY wanted to do a giant article on the wonderful *HAHA!* man John Ford and all of the Tennessee Waltz issue, but that's pretty well been done.