Monday, October 17, 2005

Greenday Being...Well, Greenday

I went to the Greenday concert last night at the Gaylord Entertainment Center in Nashville and it was a VERY energy packed concert. Most of the people around us could sing along with Holiday and When September Ends, but when songs like Longview, and the hidden track, "All By Myself" came on they were sitting there confused. I thought that was amusing that the depth of their Greenday listening was so little.

I do have one beef against the concert. It doesn't take more than 10 seconds of a look at Billy Joel to tell he''s an obvious Liberal and a blatant Bush-Basher. Right before Holiday started playing he gave a big "f#$% George W. Bush and f$%^ the war!" But instead of being booed like some other artists, the MTV brained crowd erupted in a giant cheer. But I wasn't too surprised by it when the majority of the audience probably only heard of Iraq when one of their buddies described their job as, "I rack the dishes before they get washed."

Even though he took a shot at the president I was happy to hear him encourage the crowd to go out and vote. I'm sick of people talking about how they hate everything that's going on and when you ask them if they voted they tell you some BS excuse like "My vote wouldn't have mattered." Well, 36% of the nation felt that their vote wouldn't matter, in an election that was decided by only a few percentage points. If you're upset about something, don't sit around. DO SOMETHING! I know I plan on voting at every election that I can, and even though you can pretty well determine who I'll be voting for already, you never know.