Friday, May 05, 2006

No Kennedy DWI?

"The crime of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including prescription drugs. Complete intoxication is not required; the level of alcohol or drugs in the driver's body must simply be enough to prevent him from thinking clearly or driving safely. State laws specify the levels of blood alcohol content at which a person is presumed to be under the influence. Also called driving while intoxicated (DWI and drunk driving)." - nolo.com

“Last Tuesday, the Attending Physician of the United States Congress treated me for Gastroenteritis,” a stomach illness. According to Kennedy, the attending physician prescribed Phenergan, an anti-nausea medication, which in addition to treating gastroenteritis, “I now know [it] can cause drowsiness and sedation.” “Following the last series of votes Wednesday evening, I returned to my home on Capitol Hill and took the prescribed amount of Phenergan and Ambien, which was also prescribed by the Attending Physician some time ago and I occasionally take to fall asleep. Some time around 2:45am, I drove the few blocks to the Capitol Complex believing I needed to vote." - Wonkette

So illegal immigrants can break the law by illegally setting up residence and jobs, and a Kennedy can drive intoxicated without getting a DWI? What would they allow me to get away with?

That's right...NOTHING. This is coming from the guy that got a TICKET as I was driving home to celebrate my 21st birthday back in September, perfectly sober and with my designated driver for the night. What a crock.