Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm BACK!

Well, The Mid-South Nationals didn't quite come out as I had hoped. It rained Friday, pushing the only qualifying session for the pros back to 9PM, since it took almost 4 hours to dry the track. Saturday was great. It was hot, but the weather was good, and there was a nice breeze for most of the afternoon. Then Sunday came around. I was so excited because it was the first time I would be watching the eliminations. And I wasn't disappointed....until it started raining...AGAIN. This time I couldn't wait until 9:00 at night to watch them dry the track, so I left to start home. I asked about a refund for the ticket since I was driving back home. "There are no refunds. And if it's cancelled for tonight, then they will just run tomorrow morning."
I was PISSED! Because I had to move into my apartment the next day, and as one man pointed out ot me during the Friday rain, "I didn't pay to watch it rain." So after I got home I sent an e-mail pleading my case to the people at the track, and they were very understanding.

Memphis also has said that they are going to move the date for the races to sometime when the event doesn't happen during a 115 degree heat index. I may not have expected it, but the Mid-South Nationals are quickly becoming an event that I'll have to attend as often as possible.

And dangit! I can't wait for the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals in Indy in 2 weeks!!! I get to see the Qualifying runs on Saturday and Sunday, as well as the Ringers Gloves Pro Stock Bike Challenge, and the Skoal Showdown in the Top Fuel Funny Cars.

So...who wants to see pictures??!!! OKAY!