Monday, December 05, 2005

Tennessee = Jersey?


There's a part of a joke about "You know you're from Jersey if..." that includes, "You know what a "jug handle" is", referring to the turn around that makes two right turns into one left turn, theoretically to reduce traffic congestion. They are a unique feature exclusive to the Garden State...Until now. Franklin, TN has been tinkering with the idea of extending one of its heavily trafficked roads to loop around the entire city, but had never actually passed it. well, they finally came up with a good solution. And sitting there, at the corner of Mack Hatcher Parkway and Carter's Creek Pike, is a jug handle!

Now this project is headed by TDOT, so more than likely it will not be done for another 5-8 years, even though it is a mere 6 miles of untravled divided highway. If I remember the fact that it will be there I'll be sure in 5 years to throw on my wife-beater, bic my head, and talk with a thick accent as I drive around the loop.

Beware Tennessee, the Guidos may be coming! Or as we call them down here, Gweeders.

*Update* My brother asked if Tennessee wanted The Jets, I told him no, We've got enough crappy football in the Titans.