Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Apparently I'm A Troller?

I was looking at my statistics this morning and noticed that I was being linked to from a liberal paper in Wichita. I looked through the article that people were coming from and I could see no link to my site. But the links persisted. Finally after I got home from work at about 4:30PM I saw a comment linking to my page, saying,
"By the way, note the racist post above signed "ProuderLib" actually posted by " http://gopandcollege.blogspot.com/2006/01/liberal-plantation.html" "a Tennessee-born,
Tennessee-raised, and
Tennessee-educated Republican." - Ben Huie
As well as this from the little rat that started everything:
"Yup, Ben, posting as someone else is the epitome of troll-dom.You know you're effective when you get trolled by the Repukes." - Proud Lib
Apparently someone had posted a comment as "Prouder Lib" and had used a link to one of my articles as his web URL, and either "Prouder Lib" honestly did not post the comment, or he did and played it up as though he was the victim. Either way, I was being slandered for something that I did not do.

I sent an e-mail to the top editor of the paper about the fact that I had not posted that comment, and was wrongfully getting flack from it. He passed that on to the weblog's editor who resolved the issue.
So, a Thank You to Phillip Brownlee, and Lou Heldman on resolving this issue.

And for the record, I stand by what I said in the post, "A Liberal Plantation." Why? Harry Belafonte proves my point to the T.
"Celebrity activist Harry Belafonte referred to prominent African-American officials in the Bush administration as "black tyrants" at a weekend march, and he also compared the administration to Adolf Hitler's Nazi Germany.
Belafonte, a featured speaker at Saturday's march in Atlanta commemorating the 40th anniversary of the signing of the Voting Rights Act, previously ignited a political controversy in 2002 when he likened then-Secretary of State Colin Powell to a "house slave." - CNS News

Just keep on cracking that whip Harry.