I Can't Help But Post This
Thanks to the members of Cardinal's Space for this one. For all you Cubs fans out there:
Just in case YOU need another reminder of how crappy the cubs are; here are 20 major events that have occurred since the Chicago Cubs last laid claim to a World Series championship:
1. Radio was invented... Cubs fans get to hear their team lose.
2. TV was invented... Cubs fans get to see their team lose.
3. Baseball added 14 teams... Cubs fans get to see and hear their team lose to more clubs.
4. George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays.
5. Haley's comet passed EARTH... TWICE.
6. Harry Carey was born... and died. Incredible, but true.
7. The NBA, NHL, and NFL were formed, and Chicago teams won
championships in each league.
8. Man landed on the moon... as have several home runs given up by Cubs pitchers.
9. Sixteen U.S. presidents were selected.
10. Eleven amendments were added to the Constitution.
11. Prohibition was created... repealed.
12. The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, was discovered, and became
the subject of major motion pictures, the latter giving Cubs fans hope that something that finishes on the bottom can come out on top.
13. Wrigley Field was built... and becomes the oldest park in theNational League.
14. Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field's roof to hold all of the team's future World Series pennants. Those flag poles have since rusted and been taken down.
15. A combination of 40 Summer and Winter Olympics have been held.
16. Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown; several thanked Cubs Pitchers.
17. Bell-bottoms came in style and went out... and came back in.
18. The Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks and the Florida Marlins have all won the World Series.
19. The Cubs played 14,153 regular-season games and lost the majority of them.
20. Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma and New Mexico were added to the Union.