Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Hmmm

With 2008 now here, I've got HUGE plans for the year. In August, I will don a cap and gown to graduate from Tennessee Tech University with my mechanical engineering degree, emphasising in energy systems. Then a few months after that, the college-ette and I will be tying the knot, which I am very excited about. And at some point near the end of the year we are planning our honeymoon to either St. Lucia or Jamaica.

But there's something else I'm tempted to do. Sssteve has challenged Wyatt, who then gathered 2 more contestants RT, and Grimjack, in a contest to lose weight, as a percentage of body weight. At first I thought, "Oh that's cool for them." Then I thought..."Hmmm...Should I?"

I'm sure they'll all want to kill me for being at 145 pounds, but then again, I'm only about 5'7, and have gained at least 10 pounds in the past couple years due to "not having time with classes and my co-op to get to the gym," (read: being lazy) which equates to about a 10% increase in my weight, and it would be nice to not have that when I tie the knot and go to the beach.

I may just join the match not to win, but just to motivate myself to become more active before my events happen this year.

The battle starts...well, yesterday, and runs to June 30th, so a full 6 months to see who can lose the most percentage of their weight. So if you want some strong motivation to lose weight....join the battle and fight for the win.