Wednesday, September 20, 2006

HWC Football Week 3 Preview

Alright! It's time to take a look at this week's matchups in HWC Football. I tried to post a graphic of this weeks' matchups in the Week 2 Recap, but Blogger is being a pain in the ass and won't upload the image. So, I've got to do it the hard way. Let's take a look.

bRight & Early vs. Hot Wing Chump-ions
Ugh, this game looks like it's not going to be any prettier than week one for me. Vegas has me as a 24 point underdog, and I don't blame them. With 16 teams in the league, and my stars from last year performing about as well as Terell Owens (even without a broken finger) I'm up Crap's Creek without a paddle. Look for me to go 0-3 and bRight to take this one 60-40.

fmragtop's spewers vs. Robots Eat Babies (BLOWOUT WARNING!)
Looks like The Man sliced his roster from last year andafter a shaky week one is munching down on every opponent he meets. He's a 23 point favorite, and with fm's lack of performance in both week one and 2, look for this to be the first candidate for a blowout. I predict The Man is under-rated, and will blow this one away 70-35.

San Jose Arrowheads vs I Hate Hillary
With Alexander still being a lack-luster performer this season, look to Baltimore to have another great outing versus the Browns. I would have to say that San Jose is gonig to go 3-0 and stay on the top of the charts with a 65-50 win over Hillary.

Rose Hill Reddogs vs RFTR
I was originally going to post that this could be a blowout, but after looking at the matchups, this may be closer than expected, and could even be an upset for the Reddogs. Vegas is showing Reggie Bush to have a 50 yard game and a score, but with Reggie only able to muster 5 yards versus a struggling Packers defense on 6 carries, I don't think he's going to perform nearly that well. On the other side you have Kurt Warner in his old home of St. Louis. The Rams last season gave up the most points per game of any team in the NFL, I think Warner is going to have a ball under the Arch. Look for Reddogs to upset 50-45.

The Columbia CRUNCH vs webcats
Well, The CRUNCH have started off pretty hot, but let's see how long the luck can last. In baseball the luck ran all the way until about week 22 then it cut and ran like a California Liberal when it got down to the wire. New England is in Denver this week, and with The snake throwing up interceptions like I throw up bricks on a basketball court, they can rack up some serious points. Since it's early in the season, I think I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to CRUNCH with a 60-50 win.

The Ball Sackers vs Mr Wolf Cleaning Svc
I don't think I want to know how many points records Wyatt is going to set this week. The only bad matchups he has are Ryan Longwell in Chicago, and a couple Jags in Indy, everything else looks like it's set for the books. Wolf has some good matchups too, but it looks like Wyatt did his homework over the off season while everyone else slacked off. Look for this to possibly be the first 100 pt game of the season. Sackers win big 80-65.

Gridiron Wookies vs. Gumbo
Wookies are being shown to get 13 points from Ronnie Brown in Nashville this weekend, and the way the Titans have been playing that's very likely to happen. Gumbo though has 2 guys with a bye week this time, and if htat doesn't get changed, this is gonig to be a no contest match. The only hick-up I can see for Wookies is Minnesota's Defence playing against the Bears. The Bears have only allowed 7 points in 2 games, while averaging 30 per game for themselves. Look for Wookies to take this one pretty easily, 65-55.

Tax Dodgers vs. Hector Vex O-Trons
Hector is averaging less than 30 points per game, and in Fantasy leagues, that's really bad. Even though the Dodgers have 2 players with byes, it's not too hard t osee that my Pops is going to be 3-0, and Vex is going to be 0-3. Dodgers win this one easy 50-30.