Friday, September 09, 2005

Oh Those Infamous Words

It seems that Liberal websites are quite apt at taking the words you've said, leaving out the important ones, and only mentioning the few phrases they want other people to see. From a timeline that the liberal Bush-Bashing site, ThinkProgress.org They state early in the time-line that Bush called Nagin (Which neither of their sources, the Times-Picayune and the St. Petersburg Times say) and told him "that the levee could be topped.". Then later they took one line out of the Washington Post article and used it to make him seem like an imbecile.
"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees. "

But let's take the WHOLE QUOTE shall we?
"Well, I fully understand people wanting things to have happened yesterday. I mean, I understand the anxiety of people on the ground. I can imagine -- I just can't imagine what it is like to be waving a sign saying 'come and get me now'. So there is frustration. But I want people to know there is a lot of help coming.
"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees. They did anticipate a serious storm. But these levees got breached. And as a result, much of New Orleans is flooded. And now we are having to deal with it and will."
"
This screams out that the "anybody" he was talking about was tcitizensens of New Orleans who up until 23 hours before the storm were not actually ordered out of the city. Not the Bush Administrations as they would LOVE for you to believe.

Think Progress is nothing more than a whining minority of people who will find anything to misconstrue and aim at Conservatives.

Linked on: Basil's Blog

*Update*: "Bush also clarified his oft-criticized remark that no one had anticipated that New Orleans' levees being breached. He said there was an initial impression that the city had escaped heavy damage "and I myself thought we had dodged a bullet." He said he got that impression from the media." Yahoo! News